Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Coconut Chia Superfood Cereal


As far as recipes go, pictures make them look really hard to make. Fancy food pics kind of throw me off all the time, even if the recipe was as easy as throwing some stuff together i probably have in my cabinet or fridge, and making it look pretty. I dont even bother to read. I just say "eh...too hard" and move on. But don't be like me and miss out on what just might be an amazing recipe. You could be missing out on some really tastey food and maybe even learn something new! And if not, then eh. You tried..

Even though i've been doing this for a while, this IS the first recipe on the blog so I figured i'd make it easy, yet delicious. This is just as simple as soaking some stuff in water, mixing it together, and eating it. Not only that, but I made it a breakfast recipe to go in line with first recipe/first meal of the day.





Coconut Chia Superfood Cereal

Difficulty: 1
Serves: 1-2

Ingredients:
4 tbs. chia seeds
1/4 c. dried fruit (i used gogi berries and cranberries)
2 tbsp. coconut oil
2-4 tbsp. raw local honey
2 tbsp. raw cacao
1 tsp. bee pollen(optional)
4 fresh figs

Method:
-Put your dried fruit into a bowl with 1/2 c. water. Let them sit until soft (about an hour).
-Mix your chia seeds with 4tbsp. warm water and let it sit for about 5 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
-Drain the water from your berries and mix them into the chia.
-Stir in your remaining ingredients.
-Enjoy!



It is a bit unusual if you are not used to eating healthier, but I really like it. Its sweet, yet not at all overly so and has a very subtle coconutey taste and smell to it. Just to be sure it was good enough for you guys, i had my mom try it. Her words were....well.... "slimy, yet satisfying". She said it does taste healthy, but its almost sweet enough to be a dessert. And I agree. So grab yourself a bowl or two, and nom this stuff up!

What do you eat for breakfast?

-Andrew Morrison-



No comments:

Post a Comment