Monday, October 24, 2011

Epic Halloween Cake! (and contest winner!)

The moment you all have been waiting for is here! I finally made a giant epic cake thingy using 4 pounds of nuts, a crap load of chocolate, and a whole bunch of epicness! Sure it may not look like very much to the naked eye, especially if you bring into consideration that it looks about the size of a regular cake. Bring in the fact that its completely raw and I ate a most of it single handedly, and we have a whole new story.

This cake may be one of my greatest accomplishments yet! Though the pictures arn't exactly what I had desired, it still looked epic and tasted delicious! So pictures aside, i'm proud of this cake of epicness and no one will take that away from me. NO ONE!



Epic Halloween Cake

Cake Ingredients
2 c. Macadamia Nuts
2 c. Brazil Nuts
1/2 c. Flax Seed
1/2 c. Pumpkin Seed
3/4 c. Hemp Seed
2 c. Shredded Coconut
1/2 c. Coconut Oil
3/4 c. Agave
3/4 c. Dates
4 tbsp. Salt

-Blend together your nuts and seeds until it resembles a crumbly flour.

-Add the remaining ingredients and blend until a dough begins to form.

-Set aside.


Raspberry Cream Ingredients
1 c. Raspberries
1/2 c. Cashew Cream*
1/2 c. Agave

-Add everything into your blender and blend until smooth.

-Set aside.


Chocolate Frosting Ingredients
2 c. Raw Cacao Powder
1 c. Coconut Oil
1/2 c. Cashew Cream*
3/4 c. Agave
2 tsp. Salt

-Blend everything together until smooth.

-In round cake pan, begin assembling your cake. Put down a layer of the cake dough so that is covers the bottom and the edges.

-Put down a layer of the chocolate frosting and then a layer of raspberry cream. Then add another layer of dough and repeat. Keep doing this until you are out of raspberry cream, but make sure there is enough frosting to cover the cake's outside.

-Put the remaining dough down as a top layer. Then, coat the cake entirely with the remaining of your frosting. Add coconut shavings if you so desire.

-Put the cake in the freezer for about 10-20 minutes so the icing can set.

-Enjoy!



Yep, i'm proud of this recipe. It took me a while to come up with the recipe, but it was very much well worth it! So many combinations for something like this, though. A raw chocolate hazelnut spread instead of frosting, coconut instead of cashew cream. I guess I just love food in general!

Everyone i've had tried this told me they loved it. My mom said it was the best thing i've made yet and both of my brothers enjoyed a slice. Even my girlfriend, who usually isn't fond of my cooking, told me it tasted excellent. And for the record, i'm the only person even remotely vegan let alone raw who tried it. That should say something! I preferred the chocolate frosting though, while they enjoyed the cake itself a bit more.

Now that my dessert is out of the way, time to announce the winner of my raw dessert contest. And the winner of the Raw Sample Pack from NutsOnline.com iiiiiiiiiiis.....


She was the only eligible contestant to actually put her own recipe in. She also both liked both myself and Nuts Online on twitter. Not to mention, my obsession with peanut butter may have helped her just a bit.

Congrats Pureglow*16. Be sure to email me your address and phone number at the626drew@gmail.com so i may send your prize right away!

And everyone, don't forget to check out her awesome recipe for Raw Reeses!



Whats your favorite Halloween candy?

-Andrew D. Morrison-

1 comment:

  1. got the package! thanks for a great contest! :)
    this cake looks veryyy yummy

    ReplyDelete