Monday, October 10, 2011

Zucchini Pasta

I used to be a huge carbivore, so pasta, pizza, and bread where always some of my favorite foods! And to tell you the truth, I still dream of such foods ever since becoming a raw foodist. I'm still working on bread and pizza, but pasta is actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. Just need some sauce and..well....a zucchini.


Its WAY better than it sounds, I assure you. I've never been a big zucchini fan so when I noticed a lot of raw foodist using it instead of pasta noodles, the face of a jack-o-lantern became my expression.

no more pasta?!

Fear not Mr.Pumpkin face! The pasta actually turned out amazing! With a good sauce and cutting the zucchini just right, I got my happy pumpkin face on.


Thats right Mr.Pasta Pumpkin. Get that happy face on. This stuff actually tastes really good. And if anything, it looks pretty and only took a few minutes.


Raw Zucchini Pasta
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
4. medium Zucchini
1 Roma Tomato
1 Red Bell Pepper
1/2 c. Sun-Dried tomatoes
2 cloves Garlic
2 tbsp. Oregano
2 tbsp. Basil
1/4 c. Olive Oil

-Put the sun-dried tomatoes into a bowl of warm water, just barely hot enough that you can put your fingers in without getting burned.

-Peel the skin off of the zucchini until there is no visible green. Then cut them into pasta-shaped strips.

-Drain the tomatoes from the water and put it into a food processor or blender. Add in the remaining ingredients and blend until you get the desired consistency, depending on how chunky you like your sauce. Add some warm water if necessary.

-Pour the sauce over your pasta.

-Enjoy!

See? It wasn't that hard at all. And with this, the zucchini ends up unfavorful and tastes just like pasta! This is also one of my favorite sauce recipes for the reason that its really easy to make and tastes awesome. Sometimes ill add onions or some extra garlic to give it a bit of a kick. I was pleasantly surprised and am kind of curious what else I can do with a zucchini. Oh well. I guess that's for another day.

Is there a food you used to hate, but love in one particular dish?

-Andrew D. Morrison-

No comments:

Post a Comment